If you have come here because of the 3 reasons- (1.) #YogaDay, (2.) you thought, getting to know a bit about yoga could be one of the best things to do today, & (3.) you like to find out what you do not know about yoga, then you are at the right place, love.
You must be thinking about giving practicing yoga a shot and we are delighted to tell you you are going to fall in love with it and what it will do to your mind and body. So without much a do, here are 10 things no one told you about yoga. Thank us later!
1. Yoga is a practice. There is no end to it. It is deep, it has more bends, curves and variations than ever. It goes on.
2. Namaste! You are welcome the way you are. You don’t have to be an athlete or an acrobat to practice Yoga. If you can’t bend or are not too flexible, you NEED yoga in your life.
3. When thirsty drink warm water after practicing yoga.
4. Yoga does not have a religion. It is not compulsory to say “aum” while you meditate. You are not calling gods or spirits. You are only channeling your chakras and your mind.
5. There are different yoga classes and not all classes are same. Hot yoga requires you to do yoga in humid conditions to encourage flexibility. Power yoga has more challenging poses and there are different yoga asanas for people of older age, children and expecting moms.
6. Yoga is the only way. No, not really. Yes, yoga balances your body and mind but you could add cardio and strength training to it to gain more from it. Walking, hiking and running a will be a few balanced fitness routines.
7. You must clean your yoga mat, EVERY TIME you practice. Most yoga trainers expect you to be hygiene conscious so they do not tell you this simple thing.
8. Avoid free-styling, you need to ask an expert to approve of the alterations you add to your asana. Your Yoga trainer does not want your to have any sort of injury.
9. Your yoga trainer wants you to attempt all the poses even if they appear tough and way more challenging to you. Why? We all have the potential to do anything, and being able to perform one asana is just a small achievement which is nether too tough or impossible. Imagine yourself in the pose and you will get there.
10. There’s nothing like a typical yoga body!
Find this article interesting? Share it with your friends.
PS: Everyday is a #yogaday ! :)