Taking a selfie is no more an obsession. It is more like an art, a craft and a creative way to impression. While students who can pay to attend a crash course of ‘how to take a selfie’, people like you and I, can read who to master the art of taking a selfie. So, without much a do, here are 10 ways to taking that perfect selfie.
1. Holding your phone closer to yourself will highlight those features that are closer to the lens and minimize those that are away making your nose look longer and your eyes smaller. To fix this, zoom in on your phone a bit and hold the camera tad away from your face.
2. Avoid taking a selfie with your face right in the center. Placing your face in the top-right or top-left corner of the frame looks far better than placing your face right in the center. Bonus It will accentuate your chin and eyes.
3. Experiment with Angles! You could tilt your face left or tight to see what angle makes your face look attractive. Extend your arm to take a better selfie.
4. Most of the time, our shoulders are parallel to the camera. You can turn them either to the left or to the right to see what looks best.
5. Light! Stand in the light to see how the light falling on your face looks in the camera. Switch on the camera, check how you look and turn 90 degrees to check again. Keep checking until you find the spot that makes you look the best.
6. Magic hours to take a selfie are one hour before sunset and one hour after sunrise.
7. Find a pose that makes you super sexy so even when you don’t feel like taking a selfie with your friends, you can at least get a good shot.
8. Consider your background. Be mindful of the background as it might lead to funny or hate comments.
9. Use the filter that makes your picture look wow.
10. Be a little silly and do something new. People will get tired of seeing your similar looking pictures. So, do something new. Throw on a hat or sunglasses or have a funny expression or do something new like, taking a picture while you are near the poor and almost ready to dive in.
Bonus: Like to take selfies like the super models? Watch this video for the tips and tricks.
Like to share your tips to master the art of taking a selfie? Write to us in the comments section.