Looking for a flatmate again? You are a grown up and it is time you enjoy the perks of staying alone. Of course, you need someone to entertain you or may be just stay around you, but just imagine your life with you in the kind of house or room you always wanted, with your favourite rocking chair and a special area for practicing yoga or your cool dance moves and watching TV anytime you want. Sounds terrific? There are more advantages of staying alone than staying with an unknown person who could be as bitchy as the woman who stole your ex. Here I give you 18 solid reasons why you should consider staying alone.
1. You do not have to share your things. Your room, your bed, your comfortable couch. Everything is yours.
2. Nobody will mind your personal business.
3. You are not responsible to tell anyone you are going to be late or why you got home late.
4. You don’t have to take anyone’s permission to have a party with your friends.
5. Nobody will give you gyaan over dirty dishes, dirty house or why your friends don’t leave your house.
6. Making out with your partner is easy since there will be no one at home and you do not have to worry about the noise you make.
7. If you lose anything, you will not have anyone around to doubt except your neighbours or your cleaner. Saves good friendship.
8. You can roam around naked in the house.
9. You can pee/take a dump/take a shower with the bathroom door open.
10. There will be no one to tell you it is your turn to wash the dishes or clean the room.
11. You can deck up your house any way you want. Thank god, you are not going to have anyone telling you they would not like a big Kurt Cobain/Miranda Kerr poster on the wall.
12. You can watch whatever you want on TV.
13. You can do whatever you always thought of- Meditation, reading, yoga, exercise, dancing just anything, without anyone’s interference.
14. You learn to love your own company.
15. Not to forget, enough privacy! No, Oh–what-happened-you-look-upset kind of conversations and no eyes watching what you do and how much you eat.
16. You find your house the way you left it.
17. You won’t have anyone expecting you to do them any favours in return of their acts of folding or washing your clothes.
18. You can do whatever in the seven hells you want. (I am a GOT fan.)
19. You can talk to your friends anytime you want. There will be no one requesting you to put the phone down or asking you if you did not plan to sleep all night.
20. You can have your pet in the house and nobody is going to mind it.
If you got some more perks of living alone in your mind to share with the readers, do comment in the comments section. :)