11 things you must know about Pink Floyd’s new album – The Endless River
Pink Floyd have finally released their new album,’The Endless River’ since 1994 on 10th of November.
The album’s cover is both trippy and fascinating.
When it comes to a band as old as Pink Floyd to know that their album is out after 20 years is just not enough, read on to know what makes this album really special.
1. “The Endless River is a tribute to Rick.”
Nick Mason shared, “I think this record is a good way of recognizing a lot of what he does and how his playing was at the heart of the Pink Floyd sound. Listening back to the sessions, it really brought home to me what a special player he was.”
2. The album is a compilation of music Pink Floyd had recorded with keyboardist Rick Wright 20 years ago.
3. The Endless River is a ‘four-sided instrumental album’ with ‘Louder Than Words’ as the only track with lyrics.
4. The lyrics of the song ‘Louder Than Words’ are composed by David Gilmour’s wife, Polly Samson.
5. Album’s name is taken from the lyrics of ‘High Hopes,’ the last song on their album released in 1994, ‘The Division Bell.’
That song was written by David Gilmour, and Samson.
6. The recordings of more than a 100 pieces of music included some of Pink Floyd as a trio and from two days of jamming with a group that also included Pink Floyd touring musicians Guy Pratt on bass, Jon Carin on keyboards and Gary Wallis on percussion.
7. The Promo Video of Louder Than Words!
The promo video of Louder Than Words from their album -The Endless River is nothing but beauty – enough to take us through our journey of endless fever with a man rowing a boat in a river of clouds, studio recording snippets and film shot at Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan.
8. Roger Waters is not a part of the album.
9. Track listing for The Endless River:
1. Things Left Unsaid
2. It’s What We Do
3. Ebb and Flow
1. The Lost Art of Conversation
2. On Noodle Street
3. Night Light
4. Allons-y (1)
6. Allons-y (2)
7. Talkin’ Hawkin
2. Eyes To Pearls
4. Louder Than Words
10. The cover art for ‘Endless River’ is by an 18-year-old graphic designer named Ahmed Emad Eldin from Egypt, after his portfolio was discovered online at Behance.
11. Physicist Stephen Hawking has given his voice for the track called ‘Talkin’ Hawkin’ on the album like their old track, ‘Keep Talking’ released in 1994.
Can’t wait to share this with your friends? Hit the share button now!