Photographer takes 15 stunning pictures of Hong Kong’s sky high housing system
Hong Kong being one of the most densely populated cities in the world with micro dwellings has no room for its locals to build an actual room with enough space in the city. What people end up doing in Hong Kong is building a house over a house in search of finding a little space. House rates have already touched the skies in the city.
Hong Kong city is so crammed up with houses that looking up in the sky is not that easy. Neatly stacked on one another, houses in Hong Kong gave Australian travel photographer Peter Stewart inspiration to shoot some extremely mesmerizing pictures of houses mounted like Legos. Of course, living in such claustrophobic environment must be overwhelming and chaotic however, the beautiful pictures shot by Peter are calm, hypnotizing, futuristic and show a great sense of growth and development in the city.
1. Montane Mansion in Quarry Bay
2. Choi Hung Estate in Wong Tai Sin
3. Ping Shek Estate in Wong Tai Sin
4. Choi Hung Estate in Wong Tai Sin
5. Choi Hung Estate in Wong Tai Sin
6. Oi Man Estate in Ho Man Tin, Kowloon
7. Yick Cheong Buildings in Quarry Bay
8. Yick Cheong Buildings in Quarry Bay
9. Oi Man Estate in Ho Man Tin, Kowloon
10. Yick Cheong Buildings in Quarry Bay
12. Ping Shek Estate in Wong Tai Sin
13. Oi Man Estate in Ho Man Tin, Kowloon
14. Lai Tak Tseun Apartments in Causeway Bay
15. Tak Lee Building in Quarry Bay
Will you ever consider moving to Hong Kong?