An interview is a very serious event. However, if you could just try to play with the situation and wonder if you had said something awkward or funny which could have either made your interviewer burst out in an awkward laughter or made your exit out of the office easy, the situation would have been worth sharing sin’t it. Keeping our imagination big and simple, here we bring to you 14 awkward and funny things you should never say in an interview unless you don’t want the job and like to have a little fun with the moment.
1. “I’m sorry. I need to take this call”. Answers the phone in front of interviewer, makes intense facial expressions.
2. “My ex-boss was an asshole.”
3. “You look like Christian Grey. Are you single?” Flirt! You might walk out with his number if not the job. ;)
4. “Can you please hurry up? I have another interview scheduled.”
5. “I just want a job.”
6. “I know you asked me so many questions. But, no, I don’t have any questions to ask you.”
7. “I’m just checking… You, definitely don’t do a background check?”
8. Words like- “Fuck man” “Gay” “Shit”
9. “No idea!”
10. “I just want to know, how strict is your sexual harassment policy?” Acts like a jerk with the interviewer.
11. “From when I can start taking sick leaves?”
12. The reason why I want this job – “
I am bankrupt, I haven’t paid my mortgage bill so I am going to be on the streets very soon and I need to be able to afford a beer a day. Something I do as a stress-buster.”
13. Showing mad excitement after answering every question right.
14. How good are you with numbers? – “I am flesh, blood but not human.” Scares the interviewer.
Like us to add some more phrases and words? Shoot your suggestions in the comments section.