Life takes an irritating turn as we celebrate our 24th birthday. Changes in whatever we shop for, the conversations we have with our parents and even the topics for gossip with friends get a huge, loud and gaudy make-over!
Read on if you are caught in your mid twenties blues.
1. “Ab ye padhaai – wadhaai chodo, aur shaadi ki taiyaari karo.”
Right! Marriage is the end of my life!
2. “Ab toh shaadi ki umar aa gayi.”
3. “Koi ladka pasand hai tumhe?”
And why am I going to tell you this, aunty?
4. “Khana banana aata nai hai, pata nai kya khilaaegy sasuraal mein!”
Bread and butter is a good idea!
5. “Abhi bhi video game khelta hai, tu bada kab hoga?”
Tell me a game for adults, ma!
6. “Mausi ne ladka dekha hai tere liye. Tu pasand kar le use!”
Tell her to marry him.
7. “You are 24 years old and still single?”
And what is your problem with that!?
8. “Tumhe koi aesi waise bimaari toh nahi hai? Abhi bhi single hi ho.”
Heights of over thinking!
9. “Next year, join dad’s business. Your whimsical experiments aren’t working.
Wow, that will surely change my life.
10. “Life mein serious ho jao, do saal baad tumhari shaadi kara denge hum.”
So you don’t want me to have fun before you guys will slaughter me?
11. “Kuch kar le”, “kuch bann ja life mein.”
12. “Matrimony.com pe tera account banaya hai maasi ni, puri zindagi single rehna hai kya?”
13. “You are such a catch!”
Oh, liar, liar; pants on fire!
14. “Yaar, suna hai Shivani is also getting married.”
No ‘shaadi’ conversations with me, or I will give you one tight slap.
15. “Shaadi Ka Ladoo. Jo Na Khaye Woh Pachtaye”
Oh wow, words of fucking wisdom!
16. “Stop going to parties and start going to office with Dad.”
Not happening, bro.
17. “Paise save karna shuru karo, jab shaadi hogi tab pata chalega.”
Thodey paise dedo!
18. “Priya se shaadi kab karogey?”
19. “Ye kya independent woman banne ki ratt laga rakhi hai? Shaadi karke ghar hi toh basana hai na last mey?”
You are joking , right, mom?
20. “Sharma ji ka beta aa raha hai USA sey. Bhagwaan ne chaaha toh usse tumhari shaadi fix karwa denge.”
US! I wish that could buy my decision.
21. “Ph.D kyu karna hai? IIN join karlo. Idea waale dikha rahe hai, bada scope hoga.”
I can see my life slowly moving out of my bloody hands. IIN. Watching TV is bullshit.
22. “Tumse na ho paayega, beta. Shaadi kar lo.”
Parents can be so encouraging and motivating, IYKWIM.
23. “Gaadi chahie tumko? Tumhare umar ke the tab cycle tak nahi hoti thi humare paas.”
Oh my god, why did I even ask for a car!?
24. “Hum tumhari umar ke the tab tum 5 saal ke ho chuke the aur yaha tumko thoda aur time chahie?”
Heights of desperation, mom-dad! Use condom. ;)
25. “24 saal mey toh koi dhang ka kaam hua nahi hai tumse, aur 2 saal mey kya ukhaad loge?”
Thank you, for all the encouragement!
26. “Tumhaare liye ladka hum pasand karenge, samji?”
27. “Tum bhi kahi gay ya lesbian toh nahi? Shaadi sey kyu bhaagte rehte ho?”
Our sympathies with you! :)