Not jeans, these 9 things are responsible for rapes, Mr. K J Yesudas
In a society where politicians promise (though partially) citizens about providing equality to both men and women in all terms, something like this appears, “What should be covered, must be covered. Our culture involves the beauty which should be covered. Women should not trouble others by wearing jeans. When they put on jeans, men are tempted to look beyond that (jeans).”
There’s more to add, “Women’s beauty lies in their modesty. They should not try to become like men. They should not force others to do unnecessary things by wearing jeans, which would give them magnetism,”
It is so harsh, contradictory and completely dishonorable. The fact which surprised me more was that the above statements were given by the legendary Indian Classical singer K J Yesudas who has been credited with Indian honors like Padma Sri and Padma Vibhushan.
Watch, how disrespectful it was:
I wonder, if talented people are so close minded and incorrect to blame women’s clothes for sexual crimes, forget about the common man’s mentality. Modesty seems to have gone down the drain and men like him are leading it.
Blaming women for any kind of sexual crime is not new in India, it is proved by many: Ms Mirje, the Nationalist Congress Party leaders’ controversial comment , former Andhra Pradesh DGP V Dinesh Reddys’ controversial comment, political statements during December 2012 Nirbhaya Rape case and the list is endless! If wearing short skirts, revealing clothes are responsible for rapes and other unwanted sexual activities, I wonder what could be the reason for Saudi Arabian Women being raped!
Here are some facts which are responsible for Sexual crime in India, AND NOT the bullshit statements blaming women’s clothing for sexual invitations:
1. Very few women Police – According to The Times of India, of the 161 district police stations in Delhi, only one has a female station house officer.
2. Considering sex as a taboo and neglecting Sex Education is a tough problem. Watch this satirical Indian sex education lecture video:
3. India has been declared the worst place for women – Women, trapped in dark ages.
4. Gender Discrimination in each section of the society making women inferior to men.
5. Sexual crime is not considered a crime, but a MISTAKE.
6. Women are forced to forget and keep the heinous sexual crime as secret to maintain the so called dignity in society.
7. Low citizen security – An article said that there is one officer for every 200 citizens and about 20 officers for every VIP.
8. Unsafe public places and streets – women and children are not safe.
9. This solves all the current major world problems:
If you agree with me on the above points and believe in shattering the men superiority, please share the article to throw a slap on politicians who believe rapes are not crimes.