Everything you need to know about India’s first semi high-speed train to run from Delhi to Agra
PM Narendra Modi is taking some really big and intelligent steps towards leveraging Indian tourism. While his trips around the world acted as an invitation for the foreigners to just not become business and arms allies, but to come visit his homeland, his #IncredibleIndia campaign on Twitter is turning into a big gallery of places to see in India for all his followers around the world on his Facebook handle. And now the first semi high-speed train from Delhi to Agra is going to flag off on 9th of June, 2015. Gatimaan Express, modern designed semi high-speed train will cover the distance between Delhi and Agra (200-km) in just 116 minutes.
Here are some interesting facts about this first ever high-speed train.
1. Speed? 160 kmph. Now that’s fast!
2. Interiors? Modern interiors. The train has 12 coaches
3. Entertainment options? An 8 inch LCD is places behind every seat.
4. Any recent development or trials? The final trial was carried out on Tuesday i.e., 2nd June.
5. When can you board it? Gatimaan Express is expected to flag off on the 9th of June by PM Narendra Modi so anytime after the day.
6. I hope there are no halts! Yes, there aren’t any! :)
7. Will we need to pay more than we pay for the other trains? The ticket fare for Gatimaan Express is set to be 25% more than Shatabdi Express’ fair.
8. Types of coaches & their fares? Air-conditioned chair car and Executive class. Fare of the air-conditioned chair car is Rs 690, & Rs 1,365 for the executive class.
9. Timings? Gatimaan is scheduled to start from New Delhi at 8 am and reach Agra by 9.45 am. The train will start from Agra at 5.30 pm are reach Delhi at 7.15 pm.
10. What are the new features added? Emergency braking system, automatic fire alarm along with the passenger information system & sliding doors.
12. Will we see other semi high-speed trains around us? Launch of semi high-speed trains on 9 more routes has been decided- Kanpur-Delhi, Hyderabad-Chennai, Goa-Mumbai, Nagpur-Bilaspur, Nagpur-Secunderabad and Chandigarh-Delhi.
13. Is the train well equipped to travel so fast? The train has a 5,400 Horse Power (HP) electric locomotive engine. Need not worry!
14. Any changes in the track or the route? The tracks have been fenced off at certain places with, an upgraded signalling system.
Now travelling to Agra to see the lovely Tajmahal is so easy and less time consuming!