We have watched so many movies, some we like to think we never watched and some we can never forget. From understanding life, love, dreams and the meaning of individuality to giving us our essential dose of motivation and inspiration some movies have really left a great impact on us. They have moved us and touched the part of our hearts which silently felt full of noise or empty. I stumbled upon a great discussion Quora and decided to share what movies and their dialogues shook our minds and touched our hearts in a good way.
1. Fight Club (1999)
Tyler: Give me your wallet. (Tyler pulls out the DRIVER’S LICENCE)
Tyler: An expired community college student ID card. What did you used to study, Raymond K. Hessel?
Tyler: “Stuff.” Were the mid-terms hard? (Tyler rams the gun barrel against Raymond’s temple.)
Tyler: I asked you what you studied.
Jack: Tell him!
Raymond: Biology, mostly.
Raymond: I… I don’t know…
Tyler: What did you want to be, Raymond K.Hessel?
Tyler: The question, Raymond, was “what did you want to be?”
Jack: Answer him!
Raymond: A veterinarian!
Raymond: Yeah … animals and s-s-s —
Tyler: Stuff. That means you have to get more schooling.
Raymond: Too much school.
Tyler: Would you rather be dead?
Raymond: No, please, no, God, no! (Tyler moves the gun right between Raymond’s eyes.)
Tyler UNLOCKS the gun, lowers it.
Tyler: I’m keeping your license. I know where you live. I’m going to check on you. If you aren’t back in school and on your way to being a veterinarian in six weeks, you will be dead. Get the hell out of here. Raymond staggers to his feet, heads down an alleyway. Jack and Tyler watch Raymond flee, then Tyler looks at Jack.
Jack: I feel sick.
Tyler: “Imagine how he feels. Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Hessell’s life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal he has ever eaten.”
2. “I’ll tell you this – in any fight, its the guy whose willing to die who’s gonna win that inch.”
– Any given Sunday
3. Tyler’s FBI warning from Fight Club.
You better not miss this!
4. “What do we leave behind when we cross each frontier? Each moment seems split in two; melancholy for what was left behind and the excitement of entering a new land”
– The Motorcycle diaries
5. “You got a dream. You gotta protect it. People can’t do somethin’ themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want somethin’, go get it. Period.”
-The Pursuit of Happiness
6. “Hope. Hope is a good thing. May be the best of the things. And no good thing ever dies.”
– The Shawshank Redemption
7. “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why can’t achieve it.”
– The Wolf of Wallstreet
8. “You have all the ingredients you need. There is no secret ingredient.”
-Kung Fu Panda
Here is the dialogue exchange-
Mr.Ping: The secret ingredient is… nothing!
Mr. Ping: You heard me. Nothing! There is no secret ingredient.
Po: Wait, wait… it’s just plain old noodle soup? You don’t add some kind of special sauce or something?
Mr. Ping: Don’t have to. To make something special you just have to believe it’s special.
[Po looks at the scroll again, and sees his reflection in it]
Po: There is no secret ingredient…
9. “You are never too big, too small, too human, too rat, or too anything to follow your dreams.”
10. “Nobody in the world can kill your idea. always believe in yourself. If you are going to do something in your life. and you have a good idea. nobody on earth can stop you. Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, Mr Creedy. And ideas are bulletproof.”
-V for Vendetta
11. “Remember when life knocks you down, you can choose to get back up.”
– The karate kid
I could be missing out on so many movies and their dialogues, feel free to suggest them in the comments section. Share if you loved the dialogues and movies listed on this article.
Sourced from Quora