No matter how big you have made it in the big city, you still have that sweet small town girl/boy alive in you and though you know how to survive in the big city, the cute little comparisons between your home town and the big city always made you nostalgic of where you came from. Knowing the fact you love your small town, we have made a really nostalgic list of things that tell you come from a small town and we bet this list is going to make you fall in love with your town one more time.
1. You know everyone from your locality just like you know everyone from your home town.
2. You have the do-it-myself attitude.
3. You don’t have any problem with nosy neighbours and I-do-not-mind-my-own-business landladies because in small towns everyone minds everybody’s business.
4. You have stories of your teachers calling you with your siblings’ names.
5. During your initial days in the big city, you got really scared of aunties and uncles staring at you while you smoked your cigarette in the balcony.
6. Making out in the deserted construction sites or buildings or in the nearby woods in your town was normal for all youngsters.
7. “Tu muje janta nahin hai.”
The bhai of your city.
8. In your town, it was always tough to hide your love affairs, or any boys’ fights from your parents because if they didn’t see you, your relatives did.
9. It was always tough to hide bumping into your relatives for they can either be seen sun basking right outside their houses, or gossiping at the nearest grocery store with the store keepers or the aunties they just bumped into, whom they know through their other not so close connections.
Basically you can’t run away from the fact that everyone knows everybody.
10. The first time you went to a big shopping mall you were awe struck.
11. Tattoos and piercings never looked cooler in your town.
12. You noticed that now lesser people stare at you for wearing your shortest shorts and dresses.
13. Hanging out with boys is no big deal for you now.
14. You have stopped worrying about what others think now.
15. You have finally got all the confidence to speak in English even when you only need a tissue paper.
16. Buying condoms is easier now at least for you.
17. Riding scooties is way too cool in your town than in the big city.
18. There were no street rules or driving rules in your home town basically no one cared about the newly put up traffic lights.
The big city gave you chills with busy streets and challans for reasons unknown to you.
19. Actually the bulbs of those traffic lights were later stolen by the people who stayed near the streets.
20. You always tell your city’s name along with the state it is in or the bigger city it is closer to.
21. You always tell your big city friends about how clearly one could see the stars in your hometown.
22. You have the silliest stories to tell to everyone in the big city because in your town even silliest of the stories got noticed, told, became news and spread around.
Like, share and comment if this post talks exactly about you! :D