If it is totally necessary for you to binge on your own ‘big’ tub of popcorn while watching TV being just your absolute “retarded-couch-potato-self” or, if you love eating popcorn for no particular reasons, BINGO! You clicked on the correct link! Stay along with us as we take you through interesting recipes to “making your own flavourful tub of popcorn”. Here we begin!
1. Make your own tub of Caramel Popcorn
- 1/4 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 8-10 cups popped popcorn
Warm the honey on high heat till it boils about 1 inch, remove from heat and and mix peanut butter. The mixture should be smooth. Pour this mixture over already popped popcorns and wait until they cool down a bit so you you can begin your binging.
2. Make your own tub of Mint Chocolate-chip glazed Popcorn
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 3 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ⅛ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp mint extract
- a few drops green food coloring (only if you want your popcorn to look ‘minty’)
- 1 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325°F put booking sheet and spread popcorn. In a pan, heat honey and butter together to make a smooth mixture, add vanilla essence, mint extract and food colouring. Pour it evenly over the popcorn and mix them well so they are covered in glaze. Bake for 5 minutes. Stir the popcorn and bake for another 3 minutes until they are dry. Be careful to not burn them. Push the popcorn pieces close together with a spoon or spatula and pour over the chocolate chips. Let them melt over the popcorns and cool down. Enjoy delicious mint chocolate chips popcorns!
3. Make your own tub of Tangy Tequila Popcorn
- 2-½ tablespoons vegetable or olive oil.
- 3/4 cup popped popcorn
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon tequila
- 2 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoon salt
Heat the oven to 300F spread baking sheet. Mix melted butter, lime juice, tequila, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, cumin powder, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over popcorn and toss them to ensure popcorn is covered in the mixture. Bake until dry!
4. Make your own tub of Spicy Nutella Popcorn
- 14 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup roasted and salted hazelnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup nutella
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp ground red chili pepper
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso coffee powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F, spread popped popcorn and hazel nuts on a baking sheet. Cook Nutella, butter, red chili pepper, coffee powder, and cinnamon in a sauce pan. Spread over the popcorn. Toss and let it set and cool down for a few minutes. Your spicy nutella popcorn is ready!
5. Make your own tub of Coriander Lime Popcorn
- 4 Cups of popped popcorn
- 2 Tbs melted butter
- 1 Tbs Lime juice
- 1/4 Cup fresh chopped coriander
- 1 Tsp salt
Melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat, mix lime juice and coriander. Pour popcorn on the mixture, mix and shake well. Retreat! 😀
Loved these treats? Share them with your food friends right away!
Ciao! 😀Like us on Facebook. We promise, we will share more interesting stories with you.