One more day and you will not be able to give your favourite excuse, “kids, I am going to office, please do not hit me with that water balloon. I will buy you chocolates in exchange for this favour”. Holi and excuses have a special bond to which nasty kids in your neighbourhood and by-lanes say, “Bura na Mano, Holi hai”. Here we bring 10 creative excuses which you could still try saying to those naughty kids and any other person to save yourself from those slapping water balloons and colours this Holi.
1. We do not play. We are from a tribe in the the darkest jungles of rain forests in Honolulu.
2. If you will throw that bucket of water on me, I will cast a deadly curse from our jungles on you and you will have another leg grow from your right leg.
3. If the naughty kids still know you are tricking them, say you are a black widow. :/
4. If the kids still do not listen, tell them you skin cancer or swine flu or you are dying.
5. You can also say, you are heading for a business meeting which will decide your future.
6. Scream- “help! these kids are trying to kill me” . When they ask how, tell them you have water phobia.
7. Tell the kids if they put any water or colour on your head, they will be considered married to you.
8. Start limping and ask one of the boys to walk you to the bus stand.
9. “I play Holi in white. Since I have none, I won’t step out to play this time.”
10. I am on Periods. Period.
11. “I am heading to watch Mallika sherawat’s dirty politics first day first show. Anyone wants to join me?”
If none of these work, we suggest you just try becoming the biggest Holi buff this time and dirty your neighbourhood, shouting, “Bura Na Mano, Holi Hai”